Monday, January 20, 2014

FORMING FULL SENTENCES

I realize it has been over two weeks since I last wrote but you try forming a complete sentence while lying in a hospital bed getting a morphine push every hour. There were times when I couldn’t focus my brain long enough to remember my own name. Then if you factor in the pain from being cut open to have my tumour removed, well I’m sure you get the idea.

Having surgery for me is no walk in the park. Actually the surgery is the easy part, its the drugs before and after that really do me in. I forget who I am, why I’m there, what year it is, you name it. This time around I even forgot who I was related to.

Apparently upon waking from being moved from recovery to my room I was met by my family including my husband and sister. My sister leaned in and asked if she could give me a kiss. I said sure, raised my head off the pillow and fully french kissed her. Stuck my tongue right, straight ahead into her mouth. I would imagine this to be traumatizing for any siblings but I’m lucky enough to have no recollection whatsoever. I was “told” that I did this so believe what you want, I’m just sharing what I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment